: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with SusiSusi...

Sunday, September 15, 2019

Circle up, y'all!  Hehe... see what I did there?   Because my bag is a circle?  

I crack myself up, but that aside, I'm happy to be telling you a bit about my newest sustainable partner: SusiSusi.  This brand has a US base in Florida, but everything that they make is prepared in Ecuador from toquilla straw, which grows naturally and rapidly there.  Maria, the creator behind Susi Susi grew up in Ecuador and wanted to help the women there rise above both poverty and judgement, so she created a brand to do just that.  

Maria's team is made of all women, many of whom she has known for most of her life, who hand-weave a beautiful range of straw bags for international consumers. It takes two or three days just to make one bag!  

With that knowledge in mind, I wandered out today with my new black straw bag, and I cannot lie: I felt pretty awesome.  I love the shape of the bag; even though it is straw, the color will help it transition into fall (and it'll be perfect for going out next spring); and the quality with which it was made is absolutely superb. It's a great size for holding my wallet, phone, lip balm, and to-go cup and I also love the little mini handbag embellishment! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the earrings are handmade
: the tank was thrifted
: the jeans were thrifted
: the bracelet is fair trade and handmade
: the sandals are fair trade and handmade
: the bag is fair trade and handmade






Maternity jeans c/o Swap.com (take 35% off your purchase with code: GREENCHICLIFE35
Post Comment
Post a Comment