: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

When nature calls...

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Ok, so, we have about 2 months until Tater Tot makes his debut and with that, we have about 17 million things to get done, but last weekend, I hit the brakes.  I slowed us down and decided that we simply needed to go outside and look at the changing leaves.  

I'm so grateful that I did, because it was just what SunStars and I both needed.  With the final stream of house flip projects, trying to read all of the baby books ever, working full-time, and then helping to facilitate a number of extra school-based projects for some reason I felt I needed to take on on top of everything else (holding a craft fair fundraiser 2 weeks before giving birth AND I'm going to be a vendor... sure... why not?), a day with nature was just what the proverbial doctor ordered! 

This lovely spot, Kenosha Pass, is just about an hour and a half from where we live and we timed our visit just perfectly.  We kind of blazed our own trail, which kept us mostly away from the masses of people who also wanted to commune with nature, and when we were done, we drove into South Park (yes, it's a real place), got some coffee, a lovely hippie in a gallery saw my belly and gifted me with a bag of homemade bath products, and then we ended up looping back home through Breckenridge after meeting some out-of-town friends for dinner.  

It was lovely. 

So, trust me. 

If nature calls... answer it! 


... and in case you were wondering: 

What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: I made the beanie from yarn that a friend was going to throw away
: the tee is fair trade
: the plaid shirt was thrifted
: the vest was a hand-me-down
: the leggings are made of bamboo
: the socks were hand-me-downs 
: the bracelets were handmade








Beanie handmade by me!

Post Comment
Post a Comment