: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Simple Coffee...

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

I love long weekends.  There.  I said it.  I truly wish that we could simplify our lives and work 4 days a week and have a 3-day weekend every weekend.  That extra time allows for rest, relaxation, exploration, and getting out of the daily grind.

... and speaking of grind, we used our bonus day to get out of our typical daily grind and tried out a new grind... literally! 

I've been Instagram pals with Olivia (@simplyliveandco) for a few years and when I saw that she had opened a coffee shop within driving distance of where I live, I knew that we had to experience it in real life and not just in a series of tiny squares on my phone.  SunStars, Stellan, and I piled into the car and after a lovely drive through the mountains, we arrived at Simple Coffee Co.  Olivia's sweet little shop lives in a slanty old building that is also home to a consignment shop and several apartments.  The front door is yellow.  There is an unfinished wooden plank wall.  The space is bright.  

Basically, it's a wonderful and unexpected space to stop and have a conversation and a really good cup of coffee.  

Her menu manages to be simple, but complex at the same time.  From using cardamum and rose enhance a mocha to a plain old really good shot of espresso, Olivia has found ways to enhance the natural flavors of coffee.  She also has several non-coffee drinks and several food items.  She sources her flavors locally wherever possible, but what I really love is that there is not a single single-use paper cup or straw in sight! 

Instead of these typical coffee-house items, she serves all of her drinks in mason jars with metal lids.  If you bring your jar back again, you get a $.25 discount on your drink.  Of course, you are also welcome to bring your own thermos or cup, as well! 

I really enjoyed being able to meet another Instagram friend in person.  We got to spend some time chatting, our kiddos got to meet one another, and it was really just an afternoon full of good vibes!  I think that the world needs a bit more of that, so I am quite grateful to Olivia for creating a space in which people can connect (and get a buzz)! 








Post Comment
Post a Comment