: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Love Justly...

Monday, August 5, 2019

As summer vacation winds down and I'm prepping to re-assume my position as special education teacher for another year of middle school, wearing PJs in public has kind of become my jam.  Also, as my belly expands and none of my jeans can zipper, let alone button, my newest quest has been seeing how many different ways I can style pajama trousers into outfits that work in public.  

I got some help from my newest partner, Love Justly, and was able to put together a really and insanely comfortable fair trade outfit to wear to help interview for new staff members.  

My new pal, Jenny, started Love Justly to help connect consumers with affordable fair trade products.  She knows that it's not cheap to make things in a fair way, but she's found a way to ensure that artisans are paid (in full) a fair living wage for the work that they do AND consumers are able to experience beautiful handcrafted products for prices that don't break the bank.  It's kind of an amazing system! Oh, and ever purchase from her shop generates a donation to Legacy Collective to keep on giving to those in need! 

Jenny sent me a pair of fair trade loop earrings by World finds, these super fun PJ pants by Sudara, and the most comfortable leather slides from Deux Mains.  As aforementioned, all of these companies have been highly vetted and proven to be fair trade brands that truly hold the best interests of their artisans at the forefront of their business model.  This means that not only was my outfit fun and comfortable, but I felt great wearing it, knowing that each piece came from a good place. 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the tank is fair trade and handmade of organic cotton
: the lounge pants are fair trade and handmade
: the sandals are fair trade and handmade from locally-sourced materials
: the earrings are fair trade and handmade
: the bracelet is fair trade and handmade
: the sunglasses are made of bamboo






Post Comment
Post a Comment