: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Cold pressed beauty...

Monday, September 2, 2019

So... there are a lot of rules that come with being pregnant.  During the whole first trimester, I found myself getting really upset at not being able to eat certain things (sandwiches with deli meat) or not being able to use certain products (i.e. some facial products I'd just purchased in bulk that had a baby-unfriendly chemical in them).  As time as gone on and suddenly I find myself in the third trimester, I'm over most of the "Do Not's," but am still being super cautious with the products that I pick up, since I want them to be safe for baby now and for once he's born and I'm hopefully breastfeeding.  

When I was contacted by Oz Naturals and asked if I wanted to try out a few of their cold processed beauty products, my first reaction was "Absolutely!"  They looked natural, and I really liked the idea of updating my beauty routine with vegan products that are made from ingredients that I can pronounce.  On the flip side, I had a "hold up, wait a minute" moment that had me asking questions.  What the heck does "cold processed" mean? 

Well, Green Bees, it basically means that when these products are made, the ingredients are not heated up, but are blended at room temperature.  With some products, as they are heated, the chemicals can release all sorts of gnarly goo OR can bake the ingredients down so they aren't as effective anymore.  Now, if you've recently had a baby or are pregnant now, you might be thinking, "I'm not supposed to drink cold-pressed juices while preggo.  Is this the same thing?  Are these safe?" 

I was wondering the same exact thing, so I called my doctor who actually had to do some research of her own.  She took a look at the ingredient list and the process and, in her opinion, told me that these skincare products look a heck of a lot better and healthier than the average junk on the market.  I got the green light, and good golly is my skin soft! I got to try out their hydrating Vitamin C mask, which has left my skin feeling soft and looking radiant, which in the third trimester as a middle school teacher at the beginning of the year, is saying a lot.  They also hooked me up with their cocoa shea body butter and it's left my skin feeling nice and fresh for several hours after application.  In the Colorado mountains, that's saying something! Oh, and my stretched out belly is kind of loving it! 

Have you ever heard of "cold processed" beauty products?  Tell me all about it in the comments! 







@oznaturals, #oznaturals, #coldprocessed

Post Comment
Post a Comment