: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with Darn Good Yarn...

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Last weekend, we played.  This weekend, SunStars and I worked. 

Well... sort of... we kind of turned it into fun after overcaffeinating a bit.  Don't worry.  I still only had the doctor-recommended 8 oz., but I was sick last week and went cold turkey on the caffeine for 7 days, so suffice it to say that today I was buzzing!  

We had a ton of errands to wrap up, but we still found some time to be silly with a pile of pumpkins... and if you can't do that, well... you're missing out. 

In any case, I kind of loved this casual weekend outfit.  I'm at the point where my regular kid-sized jeans totally don't fit, the women's size jeans fit if I do the fancy hair tie trick, and maternity jeans are too big, so I'm kind of in a place where since the weather is still semi-warmish, I can wear comfy yoga pants!  The thing that totally tied this overwhelmingly fair trade outfit together was this new patchwork scarf from my newest ethical partner, Darn Good Yarn.  

I kind of love this company, because they started out making yarn, and I have an etsy shop where I sell all sorts of goodies that I've knitted and crocheted (mostly from yarn that people were going to toss out or that I found in thrift stores).  The yarns in the craft section of their shop have all been spun in a fair trade setting, which makes me incredibly happy.  

They have also expanded into clothing and home goods and have a range of scarves, jewelry, skirts, and home decor.  They were kind enough to send me their patchwork scarf, and as I've said, it was the perfect piece to tie my "running errands on a Sunday like a crazy person" ensemble.  It is made of 100% Modal (which comes mostly from beech trees), has hand-created designs, and the tassels are crazy fun!  It is nice and lightweight, so it's ideal for spring and summer, but it was a great extra layer  for a warm-ish fall day!  If you want to check out their shop, save 20% with code: GREENCHICLIFE20! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the earrings are fair trade and handmade
: the scarf is fair trade and handmade
: the tee was thrifted
: the trousers are fair trade and handmade from organic cotton
: the shoes are fair trade and handmade
: the bracelet is fair trade and handmade
: the bag is fair trade and handmade






Post Comment
Post a Comment