: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

The time I let a guy pick out my clothes...

Wednesday, May 4, 2016


Today will go down in history as the day that I totally unintentionally gave myself tree branch antlers during a tripod photoshoot.  But seriously... they're some pretty impressive antlers, if I do say so myself.  I'm kind of impressed...  

Anywho, when the friendly people at sweet home Chicago-based Mata Traders reached out and asked if I'd like to try out some of their handmade, fair trade clothing, I totally jumped at the chance (ahhhh... every sustainable fashion blogger's dream).  I hopped over to their site and made myself a wish list when I got the greatest idea of all time: Ask a straight male friend to pick out clothes for me.  Enter my pal Patrick, who was actually an overwhelmingly willing victim... and not only that... he went for almost all the exact same items that I went for!  

And so, tout le monde, I present to you the perfect outfit for grabbing coffee with your aunt, working in a school all day, and rounding off the afternoon with a quick photoshoot by the train tracks.  It was sustainably handmade (block printed and darling-ly (yes... this is a real word in my vocabulary)) in an women's cooperative in India, sent by Mata Traders, selected by Patrick, and curated by moi! 







4 comments on "The time I let a guy pick out my clothes... "
  1. I love your involvement with sustainable fashion, keep up the good work!
    I am on the same side of the fence, I refashion and I love thrift shopping.
    Cheers!

    Xoxo, Victoria

    http://fashionstylebeautyandmore.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I definitely plan on keeping this journey going as long as I can. Re-fashioning and thrifting are awesome!

      Delete
  2. Love the printed skirt!!
    Have a lovely weekend :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete