: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with Magpie Clothing Exchange...

Monday, July 18, 2016


Ladies and gentlemen of the World... for the first time in almost 6 months, I got to see Soldier Boy AND I convinced him to take outfit pictures!  It was a July miracle and I kind of loved having him to myself again, even if it was for just a few hours.  There was something sustaining about it, which brings me to the next order of business: it's #SustainableSunday! 

I recently made the virtual acquaintance of Greg and Kim Scully of Magpie Clothing Exchange, located up in Palmer, Alaska (I found them on Instagram.  Follow them HERE)!  They were inspired by books and documentaries like "True Cost" and wanted to create a place where re-sale clothing and fair trade clothing met.  With this dream, Magpie Clothing Exchange was born!  Their physical shop operates a lot like Plato's Closet or Buffalo Exchange, with the added bonus of lots of awesome fair trade products (which you can purchase in their online store).  I've spent lots of time in various Plato's Closets and Buffalo Exchanges in my day, but never have I ever seen a re-sale store focus so much on fair trade goodies!  I love the idea! 

Magpie also gives back locally through the "No Bag" program (check that out HERE) and more globally, they support Free the Girls.  That earns them a thumbs up in my book! 

They were kind enough to send me these uber comfy harem/jogger pants by Passion Lilie (a woman-owned and operated company based in New Orleans).  These pants were hand woven using eco-friendly fabrics in India and I simply cannot say enough good stuff about them!  They're soft, breezy for hot weather and I can break down and have sporadic dance parties comfortably in them.  What more could a girl ask for? 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 
: the pants are handmade and fair trade
: the earrings are handmade (from old artillery shells) and fair trade







Arm cuff c/o Serval Fashion (Grab 10% off at Serval Fashion with code "Signe")


SaveSave
Post Comment
Post a Comment