: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Take care of yourself, take care of others...

Monday, September 12, 2016


Happy Monday, Blogosphere!  Life has gotten truly hectic for me and so, I've decided to do everything within my power to find calm and look for good.  It is so easy to get bogged down in bureaucrazy (yes, I meant to spell it that way), the fast-pace of life we Americans aspire to, trying to make ends meet, and finding time to do what we love somewhere in the midst of that.  I have recently found myself positively mired in junk and honestly, I just don't want to live my life that way (and you probably shouldn't either).  

That being said, I decided to jump back on my hippie bandwagon.  Over the summer, I came up with a collection of crystals, which I left out in the moonlight last night to re-charge.  While I'm not 100% convinced that crystals have magic healing powers or that moonlight can recharge them, I've done lots of reading and figure that hey, if I can set a rock in the moonlight and then sleep with it under my pillow/carry it around in my pocket/wear it as a necklace and I feel just as good (or better) than I would if I were taking pills, I may as well do it, because ick... pills.  

I spent about 10 hours at work today (and still have at least 2 more hours of work to do tonight... and it's already 20:00!), but I carved out 30 minutes to squeeze in a little ab workout and some yoga.  I focused on breathing and having a clear mind and now I'm all recharged and ready to push through the evening slog (accompanied by Netflix and cookies...).

While this new job (teaching kiddos with autism) is seriously demanding and more time-consuming than I ever could have imagined, in the end, I'm helping people and that is good, but if I don't take time to take care of myself, no one will benefit and that's just unacceptable.  

How are your lives going?  Feeling bogged down?  What are you doing to push through it?  


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the jewelry is handmade
: while the other garments in this outfit were not handmade or fair trade, I have had them for an incredibly long time.  I've owned these jeans for about 8 years and have made repairs on them instead of tossing them and buying new ones! 







1 comment on "Take care of yourself, take care of others... "
  1. Cute outfit! We all need to take time out sometimes. I've been walking a lot recently and usually manage 40+ miles a week. It makes me think clearer and feel better within myself. Life has been tough recently! xxx
    www.justemma.co.uk - green beauty + lifestyle

    ReplyDelete