: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

In the middle of nowhere...

Wednesday, September 7, 2016


Oh friends, I've been a bad blogger lately, but guess what?  I finally have internet at home and am back in business!  And gosh, with school in full-swing, I can most definitely use an outlet.  

I've been busy adjusting to my new life in the desert, being a grown up and learning that everything that they say about how hard it is to be a first year teacher is totally true.  SB and I have been doing lots of traveling whenever we can and I'm about 2 weeks behind on uploading snaps and travel tips from those excursions, but bear with me!  I'm adjusting to this new life and looking forward to getting caught up!  

These snaps were from our drive back to Las Vegas from picking SB's car up in LA.  If you know me personally, you know that driving is one of my least favourite things EVER to do, though I love to be a passenger on road trips, so you can imagine that the drive back home was a bit of a physical and mental test for me.  SB was awesome and brought walkie talkies, so as I followed him home, we could chat without using cell phones, but his died... shortly followed by his cell phone, so we were pretty much totally cut off for most of the trip.  I'd had fun chatting and driving in bumper to bumper LA traffic, but we made it!  

We took these snaps somewhere in the middle of nowhere while stopping for gas.  I love the way that the shipping container matches my dress.  Don't even get me started on how perfectly the jewelry matches the embroidery on my dress! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 
: the jewelry is handmade 







Post Comment
Post a Comment