: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with Terra Klay...

Sunday, November 6, 2016


Ladies and gentlemen, this #SustainableSunday, please allow me to introduce you to my new friend Presley.  She's the loveliest handcrafted black stone teapot you'll find anywhere and she was kindly sent to me by the wonderful people over at Terra Klay

Terra Play was started in Manipur, India to enable women to create beautiful and functional teapots while earning a fair wage, making this an absolutely wonderful fair trade piece. 

Terra Klay teapots are made from serpentine rock and other locally-sourced materials.  They are microwave safe, can be set directly onto the stovetop and only require a quick soak between uses.  Because it is made of earthenware, the more it is used, it will become seasoned with the flavors of your favourite tea over time.  

I just love my Presley.  She looks beautiful with the plants I bought myself for my birthday and if I weren't so into tea right now, I'd consider transforming her into a planter!  I had the teapot on one of my bookshelves last week and it was in perfect company with my antique books!  This fair trade work of art is just as functional as it is beautiful and is a wonderful reminder that sustainability comes in all shapes and sizes (and doesn't just exist in our closets).  Making ethical shopping choices all around is where it's at and Terra Klay has a whole range of teapots, teacups, and teas that would make for fabulous and fair holiday gifts! 




1 comment on "#SustainableSunday with Terra Klay... "
  1. It's a beautiful teapot, enjoy your tea!
    Have a fab weekend!
    Xoxo, Victoria

    https://fashionstylebeautyandmore.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete