: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Rocking it...

Monday, December 12, 2016


Monday, Monday... it's almost winter break (!!!), but it's Monday... 

Ok, enough trying to re-invent that wonderful Friday song.  Today really wasn't bad.  I totally rocked my first parent-teacher conference, which is an especially big deal because it was with a parent that I can never read, but she was absolutely full of compliments.  

I was able to run home for lunch and snag a few pictures of my fancy outfit.  I ate super healthy food all day (I write, as I'm heating up Ramen noodles in the microwave... I swear, all I've eaten to this point has been vegetables and protein... my throat just hurts and I'm sick of tea).  I found out that I'll be getting a new student, but I think it'll be a fun challenge (have I mentioned lately that I teach special education?).  Also, I get to go home very soon, which is a bit of a turn of events for me.  Usually, I can't wait to get away from home, but as my job has consumed me and my ability to meet new people in Vegas has been seriously curtailed by a little something called near-burnout, I can't wait to be in a familiar place with familiar people.  

Also, having my mom to go out and play with (i.e. stuff my face with) will be great.  

How was your Monday? 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 
: the top was consigned
: the necklace was ethically harvested and handmade
: the ring is handmade






3 comments on "Rocking it... "
  1. Congratulations on your first teacher-parents conference!

    My Monday this week was very wintery, as we had a snow storm in Toronto this Monday, so I worked from home. :) Thanks God for the option to work from home, helps in bad weather like we now have in Toronto.

    Have a great weekend!
    Xoxo, Victoria

    http://fashionstylebeautyandmore.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete