: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with Yoga Democracy...

Sunday, August 20, 2017

First of all, let me just say that it's really hard to take balance photos when your camera is on a tripod and you're trying to photoshoot in a place (that is full of scorpions) that you're not really supposed to be and you don't want to get caught!  

Now that that's out of the way, let's talk some more #SustainableSunday goodness!  Way back in 2005, when I was a college freshman, I remember sitting in a textile design class where we were told that plastic bottles could be turned into fabric.  I'd always been really into recycling and was super into fashion at the time, but hearing this really flipped a switch in my mind.  From that point on, I was totally hooked on sustainable fabrics.  

That being said, Yoga Democracy is a company that totally aligns with my love of sustainable fabrics.  Roughly 95% of their clothing line is made from recycled fibers, like polyester and nylon that's been made from old fishing nets! Their fabrics and printing process uses very little water, which is fabulous, considering that it takes about 2,700 gallons of water to produce the cotton for ONE t-shirt!  And if that isn't enough, just about all of the clothing made by Yoga Democracy, is literally made by Yoga Democracy in their workshop in Arizona or in a couple of other US-based studios.  It isn't outsourced overseas to people who make pennies!  

Sustainable?  You'd better believe it!  Not only that, but their prints and patterns are bright, fun, vibrant and these butterfly leggings make me feel like a million bucks.  I'm already trying to plan ways to sneak them into my work wardrobe!  Hop over to their site and comment back here with your favourite print! 








SaveSave
SaveSave
Post Comment
Post a Comment