: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with Simply Wood Rings...

Sunday, October 29, 2017

As you may have realized lately, I am all about anything eco-friendly.  I've made the switch to bamboo toothbrushes.  I'm using handmade bath and beauty products.  Roughly 90% of my wardrobe is either second-hand, fair trade, or handmade.  And now, I've found the ultimate eco-friendly piece of jewelry. 

I came across Simply Wood Rings on Instagram over the summer and immediately fell in love with their unique pieces.  All of their rings are made from eco-conscious and ethically-sourced woods.  Every ring is hand-crafted in Chicago by artisans who only manipulate the wood as it can be manipulated.  This means that these rings aren't re-inforced by metals so they are totally natural and their integrity is never compromised. 

Simply Wood Rings is all about wedding rings and bridal sets and have lots of designs to choose from, but they can also totally customize their rings.  I was absolutely thrilled when they sent me their October Birthwood ring, since I am not planning on getting married any time soon, but always love a good eco-friendly statement piece.  

If you're in the same boat that I'm in, their Birthwood collection may be just what you need!  The team at Simply Wood Rings has looked into Celtic and Native American stories and folklore and selected a type of wood and a birthstone for each month and then created the perfect ring.  My October ring is made from maple wood and opals and it is another ring that I have a hard time going a day without wearing.  The opals that they used just so happen to be my most favourite shades of green and teal.  They are dark enough that they almost look black, at times, so the ring matches with just about everything, but when you get it in the sun, the greens really sparkle! 

I almost want to get the April ring (made from walnut and diamond dust) for my half birthday, because it's a great contrast to the October ring... and it's also just THAT gorgeous! 

Take a look at the whole collection and leave me a comment with your favourite ring! 

Also, funny story... I took these photos over the weekend on a road trip.  One of my friends from home (Chicago) noticed my ring and started to tell me all about this cute little shop that she recently stumbled into while in the city one day.  Guess which shop it was?  

Yep.  It was the new Simply Wood Rings shop!  Small world! 







SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
Post Comment
Post a Comment