: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Modern art...

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

On Monday, I had the pleasure of meeting my friend, Katy, with whom I studied abroad in Paris (9 years ago)!  We've been very lucky to have our paths cross in numerous states and in countries on multiple continents since we met and it's definitely always an adventure.  

This was the second time that we were able to meet back in my home-base of Chicago and since my mum is a member at the Art Institute (the annual membership is totally worth it), we were able to have a fun adventure for free!  Katy and I were both a bit impressionist-ed out, so we opted to go on a bit of a tour of the modern wing.  I still call it the "new" modern wing, since it was opened shortly before I moved to Germany and I've been in and out of the state for half a decade.  It is new to me, I suppose, and that just makes it "new," in general. 

Anyway, we found ourselves totally torn between thinking "Wow, I could totally make/paint that" to "Oh, golly!  That is so subtly profound.  I totally get it." That has prompted me to wonder... what are your thoughts on modern art? 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 
: the sweater is borrowed
: the leggings are handmade
: the bracelets are made from recycled fibers
: the rings are handmade
: the boots are eco-friendly







There's Katy! ^ :) 


Post Comment
Post a Comment