: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Trees and leaves...

Monday, November 20, 2017

You may have noticed that my scenery has changed a bit.  Yes, tout le monde, I am happy to say that while I have certainly learned to love the desert, I am taking a brief respite from it to spend the holiday with family back in the Midwest.  This means an abundance of trees with leaves, grass, and frost in the mornings, which are all things that I never realized I'd miss or look forward to encountering until I found myself encountering them again! 

To celebrate my reconnection with deciduous trees, I figured I should style an outfit that would tie in to my surroundings, so I pulled out my trusty Alice t-shirt from TonlĂ©, a company that prides itself on being zero waste, and my gold-dipped quina leaf earrings from Simply Nature Bio Goods.  I pulled the whole look together with my trusty Do Good Shop leather wrap bracelet and a sweater and booties stolen from my mum's closet (but they come from Eileen Fisher, which is also a rather sustainable larger-scale retailer). 

This outfit was warm enough to combat the Chicago chill and was comfy for running errands and taking in a movie with family! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the top is handmade in Cambodia/fair trade/zero waste
: the earrings are handmade/sustainable/fair trade
: the bracelet is handmade in India/fair trade
: the booties and sweater were borrowed






Post Comment
Post a Comment