: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with Green Orchyd...

Sunday, November 12, 2017


I cannot tell you how often I am asked how it is that I've been able to curate a sustainable wardrobe for myself.  Let me tell you: after making the conscious decision to shop sustainably and ethically, it was easy.  

"How?" you ask.  

The answer is simple: there are a great many people in the world who believe that fashion should be fair and several of these people have set out to create places where all of the fashion is just that.  

This is where Green Orchyd comes in.  I found this New York-based company on Instagram and immediately was drawn to the wide range of goodies in stock.  With lines for women, children, jewelry, accessories, home goods, and even beauty products that are all either fair trade, organic, recycled/up-cycled, or vegan, everything is labeled for the ultimate in transparency.  Even the Green Orchyd packaging is post-consumer recycled and low-impact.  They even donate a portion of their profits to local causes! 

I'm a big fan of these Luxe grey leggings.  I wore them to hike in the Grand Canyon last month, I've worn them for yoga, and they are also easy to style into my work wardrobe.  They are super soft and are made from organic cotton, but what truly makes them sustainable is their ability to transition between all of the different factions of my life! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 
: the leggings are organic cotton
: the necklace is handmade
: the bracelets are handmade
: the earrings are handmade





Post Comment
Post a Comment