: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Re-balance...

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

After spending 2 weeks back home in Chicago, in the cold and snow, my return to the desert almost felt like a vacation.  It's funny how when you spend several weeks in a place, your life falls into tourneys, you get used to your surroundings, and even though you are on vacation, it starts to feel like your normal life.  Then, when you return to your normal life, it's almost like another vacation.  

I can definitely say that while I am happy that the earth is able to get as cold as it can, it was a welcome change to be able to go outside in short sleeves and not want to die.  Also, being back in the mountains was a welcome change.  Living in Germany and Vegas over the  last 5 years has accustomed me to them and now I have a hard time imagining living in a place with totally flat terrain. 

I got home a day before back-to-school, and so I had some time to unpack, run errands, and take a bit of time to re-acclimate to the local sights.  I have to say that taking time outside of work-related tasks to get some fresh air is absolutely essential to living a sustainable lifestyle.  Not just because it makes one appreciate the outside, but because if helps to center and re-balance the soul so that it can continue on through the toils that are necessary to life in this world. 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the bracelet contributes to elephant-conservation efforts
: the moccasins are handmade 






Post Comment
Post a Comment