: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

The bend in the road...

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

I really love the way that these photos turned out and I had a lot that I wanted to say about them, but due to some big life changes, over which I had no control, tonight I've got a rather intense case of heartache that I cannot ignore.  

Oscar Wilde has long been a favourite of mine.  I find that most of what he said and/or wrote is absolutely correct and he's got well-known quotes to fit most circumstances faced by the average human.  Tonight, "The heart was made to be broken" rings rather true for me.  And while this sentiment is being deeply felt, I was also recently reminded (via a mindless Facebook feed scroll) of the Japanese art of Kintsugi, or gold joinery.  In this tradition, when pottery breaks, it is joined back together with gold.  If a piece is chipped out, a piece of something new is added and is half in place with gold.  Instead of leaving something broken or throwing it away, it is made beautiful again by adding something new.  

This gives me hope.  

For such an avid traveler, I wasn't ready for this bend in the road... 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the top is organic and fair trade
: the boots are eco-friendly
: the necklace was handmade
: the bracelets were handmade
: the ring was handmade







SaveSave
Post Comment
Post a Comment