: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#Swaphowushop

Wednesday, April 18, 2018


Ladies and gentlemen, as you may know, I LOVE to thrift!  There is something that I truly enjoy about digging through racks of clothes and such to find the treasures that my wardrobe needs.  With that in mind, just imagine how incredibly excited I was when the people at Swap.com reached out and asked me to have a go at shopping on their site! 

If you haven't heard of Swap.com before, let me give you some background.  They are basically a giant online thrift store.  You can clean out your closet, send them a box of your stuff (with their pre-paid shipping label), they'll sort through it and take what they want, and then you get commission when it sells on their site.  On the flip side, if you just want to shop, you can use their site like you would any other store.  You can search by brand; by clothing type; narrow down by the garment condition, size, or colour.  

While I do strive to live as minimally as possible, I will say that I had a ton of fun.  Since my corner of the world is getting to that time of year when 95 degrees feels cool, I decided to stock up on tank tops and loose, cotton trousers, but I'm also a bit of a boot addict and wanted to check out what Swap had from Lucky Brand, Anthropologie, etc. (you know... the brands that I always wish I could buy, but just can't seem to justify the cost).  I ended up with a pair of boots, a Lucky Brand sweater, 3 pairs of trousers, and 4 tank tops for just under $100!  Not bad, eh?  In this outfit, the tank, sweater, and boots were from my Swap.com experience.  What to you think?  The look came together quite well!  

I have several more outfits from this shopping spree planned for the next few weeks!  Stay tuned!  And if you'd like to give Swap.com a try for yourself, I'd love to share the code EARTHDAY40 for 40% off for a first purchase and the code EARTHDAY20 for 20% off for returning customers!  These codes are good until 30-June-2018!  








Post Comment
Post a Comment