: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Roots or adventures...

Monday, May 28, 2018

You know the saying "bloom where you're planted?" 

It's one of those quotes that I've seen on Pinterest inspirational artwork, on letter boards, and in Tweets.  It's also a quote with which I've had a hard time connecting.  It's completely natural for me to pick up and move every 1-3 years.  In the last decade I've lived in suburbs in Illinois, Indiana, and Iowa.  I've lived in Paris and in an 800-year old village in Germany.  I've lived in Manhattan and I'm quickly closing in on 2 years in Vegas.  I don't know that I've really ever managed to put down roots that have gotten long enough for me to bloom and now that the school year is over, I'm already working on my next move.  

I wonder if I'll ever actually settle down.  At this point, I'm not sure that I'm someone who will ever fully root.  But you know what?  It might be ok.  It's harder to go on adventures when the roots are too deep! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the tee was hand-stamped on sustainable bamboo
: the sandals are handmade and fair trade
: the bracelets are made from up-cycled fibers
: the jeans were re-purposed from an old pair I didn't wear anymore







Post Comment
Post a Comment