: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

On the farm...

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

In the desert, I don't really have any opportunities to visit farms, as ranches are really mostly what is in the vicinity, but every time I go back home to visit family, I can't help but be totally blown away by how green the landscape is.  While the day was cloudy (also something to which I am not unaccustomed), I had the absolute pleasure of visiting a local farm.  It used to be a gentleman's farm and on the property is a manor home and all the requisite out-buildings, along with the barns, potting, sheds and everything else that goes with a farm.  

Additionally, on this property, wounded animals are taken in to heal and a weekly summer market is held.  My mum and I stocked up on flourless chocolate muffins, a number of brioches made with farm-fresh ingredients (seriously, everything tastes better when it's from a farm), and I got to have both a staring contest with a lynx and a one-sided conversation with a one-eyed owl.  

I've said it before and I'll say it again: getting out of the routine is just what the soul needs! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the top was thrifted
: the booties were thrifted
: the bracelets are handmade
: the ring is handmade








Post Comment
Post a Comment