: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Creating a sustainable wardrobe...

Monday, August 13, 2018


It wasn't all that long ago that I realized that fast fashion was negatively impacting the quality of life of the people creating it as well as having a negative impact on the greater world.  I wanted to make some changes.  I wanted to step up and shift away from the common mindset.  

It was a jumping off point, and I was very lucky to have connected with some really awesome brands right off the bat, but I'm also always on a serious budget.  I am the only income-earner in my household and I'm a teacher.  Not exactly a big bucks industry and slow fashion can cost more because it seriously takes care of all of the aspects of bringing a garment from idea to creation.  

I came to realize that using my dollars wisely could have a positive impact on the world and shortly thereafter, I noticed the level of quality that is apparent in the pieces that come from many fair trade brands.  Suddenly, the cost made even more sense and I was even more ok with it. 

The next step in my process came when I realized that there are tons of fair trade brands that produce some seriously great staple pieces.  After a few years of making some smart informed choices about wardrobe pieces, and suddenly, I've discovered that my closet is full of sustainable and fair trade pieces that ALL GO TOGETHER!  

Yes, Green Bees... if you stick with it, you too can have a beautifully curated closet that is filled with handmade, fair trade, and sustainable pieces that can be mixed and matched.  


Don't give up!  

Remember: Your dollars count and can help contribute to creating a better world! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the scarf is fair trade and handmade
: the top is fair trade and handmade
: the trousers are fair trade and handmade
: the earrings are fair trade and handmade from bullet casings
: the bracelets are handmade
: the necklace is handmade







Post Comment
Post a Comment