: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

One clover, and a bee...

Monday, August 13, 2018

"To make a prairie, it takes a clover and one bee, 
One clover, and a bee, 
And revery.  
The revery alone will do, 
If bees are few."

- Emily Dickinson

These last few weeks have been quite the whirlwind and have sent me off on an epic learning curve.  Last week, during a luxurious hour-long lunch break, I discovered that there is a large lake in the general area of where I am working, so I took the opportunity to get out and explore just a bit. 

I will most definitely say that after nearly a week of less-than-thrilling meetings, the 30 minutes I was able to steal out with the wildflowers, the lake, the mountains, and yes... a few bees was lovely and just the re-charge I needed to complete another very long day. 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the earrings are fair trade and handmade from re-purposed bullet casings
: the cuff is handmade
: the stacking rings are handmade from up-cycled metals
: the necklace is handmade
: the dress is fair trade and handmade






1 comment on "One clover, and a bee... "