: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Wander out...

Monday, September 10, 2018

It may be a Monday, but Green Bees, I am feeling good.  I've been in Colorado for about 6 weeks now and finally had my very first opportunity to go exploring.  I have mentioned several times over the last week or so that I have met someone who has quickly become both my sanity and who has brought out my sense of adventure.  On the day that we met, we spent several hours just talking about life and things to do out here and we started making a long to do list.  

Yesterday, we got to cross the first thing off of our list: a visit to Central City Cemetery.  

If you've been a reader for a while (i.e. especially while I lived overseas), you'll be aware that I love all things creepy (but not horrific).  Cemeteries are places that absolutely fascinate me and so the opportunity to see a real Wild West cemetery quickly made it to the top of my to do list. 

This place completely blew my mind!  It was started in the mid 1800s when Central City was a booming mine town, but since then, fields and forests have sprung up around the headstones.  It was absolutely magical.  We made our way out in the late afternoon as the sun started to sink below the mountains and it made this visit all that much more magical! 










What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the top was thrifted
: the sunglasses are made of eco-friendly wood




Post Comment
Post a Comment