: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with CorcYoga...

Sunday, December 16, 2018

Did you know that cork is a fast-growing tree that can be harvested quickly and ethically?  The people over at Corc Yoga have created some truly amazing goodiesg utilizing this great resource: cork yoga mats and yoga blocks.  In addition to being eco-friendly, cork is a natural flame retardant, it is lightweight, grippy, and moisture resistant.  Their mats don't contain any of the foam or plastic fillers that traditional mats use and they are also PVC and chemical free which also makes them safer for you and for the environment. 

This new cork mat was absolutely perfect for trying out my new balances (and yes, some old tried and true poses) in a fun and different new place.  Yes, Green Bees, I not only took my yoga practice outside to nature, I took it to a frozen creek!  

I have to say that the mat was great!  It stayed in place, even on the ice, which was great while I was upside down.  It was easy to transport and kept me feeling like I was still totally grounded, even though I wasn't actually on the ground! 

What do you think?  Would you make the swap to cork to help green up your yoga practice? 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the sweater was thrifted
: the leggings are fair trade and handmade from organic cotton
: the beanie was handmade
: the ring was handmade from ethically-sourced materials
: the boots are ethically-made
: the yoga mat is ethically made from cork








Beanie = handmade
Sweater = thrifted

Post Comment
Post a Comment