: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Sweet Home Chicago...

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Ok, ok... bear with me... I know I'm a bit all over the place here.  If you've been reading over the last several weeks, you'll know that I ended up going from Denver to Chicago, then SunStars came to visit me, then we flew to Atlanta, and rounded our winter break out by driving back to Denver.  I've literally been all over the  place.  

Today, I wanted to check in quickly to say how 1) Strange it is to be in a relationship with someone that I didn't grow up with (not sure how, but I've basically only ever dated people that I've known for most of my lite) and 2) How lovely it was to show this out-of-towner around my neck of the woods.  

Since SunStars was only in IL with me for about 2.5 days, we had to cram all sorts of things in.  I showed him the house where I grew up, the house where I lived at the end of high school and that I visited while in and just after college.  He got to see all of the places that I worked before I caught the travel bug and ended up moving all over the place.  I took him to my favourite local coffee place and favourite couple of bars.  Then, I had to take him downtown.  It was a total whirlwind.  

We barely made the train (hooray for delays), but got to walk over the lake and see the Sears (yes, Sears) Tower on our way to the Art Institute.  Since my mum is a member and SunStars managed not to pack a jacket, we spent some time wandering around the art before checking out the Cloud Gate aka the Bean, and waiting in probably the most chaotic line ever at Giordano's for pizza.  Yes, my favourite is actually Gino's, but we were getting hangry and it was right there.  After a late lunch, we Ubered to the Sprinkles Cupcakes ATM (I've been talking about it for the last few months) and ate our cupcakes at a pretty adorable Starbucks Reserve shop up on the north side.  Then, because we were in a super serious time crunch, we Ubered back to the Art Institute, had a quick wander through the lobby at the Palmer House and then sprinted back to Union Station where we, of course, missed our train.  

... but it was aaaaaaaaall good! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the white tee is sustainably made from hemp
: the Chicago bracelets are vegan and handmade
: the boots were stolen from my mum's closet







Post Comment
Post a Comment