: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Don't mind me... just creating a bit of buzz...

Monday, February 4, 2019

Oh yeah, these bellbottoms are kind of the best.  When People of Leisure sent them over to me, I just knew that they would be perfect for our weekend in California, and I was totally and completely right.  I wore them for Sunday brunch at a cute little (family favourite) spot in Ventura and created quite a bit of buzz.  

The restaurant was totally hopping, so we had to wait for a table.  I left my dad and step-mum to wait and took SunStars down the street to show him this beautiful home and gorgeous cacti! 

Anyway, we headed back to the restaurant and sat on the front patio while waiting for a table.  I, naturally, was twirling around in my groovy bellbottoms and soon thereafter overheard some people waiting near us having a discussion about how trousers have evolved over the years.  They discussed the vintage clothing that they still had from earlier days and how fun it was that those trends were coming back.  

It isn't huge, but I was happy that my bellbottoms created enough buzz that an entire family put their cell phones away and had an actual conversation with one another! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the top was thrifted and bleach dyed
: the bellbottoms are fair trade and ethically-made
: the boots are handmade and fair trade
: the sunglasses are bamboo
: the bracelet is handmade and fair trade






Post Comment
Post a Comment