: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Future fields of green...

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

I've said it once and I'll say it again: building a sustainable wardrobe is incredibly rewarding.  While a decade ago, it was something of a challenge, as sustainable fashion was largely restricted to what could be found in thrift or vintage stores and a small range of companies that produced organic cotton t-shirts in rather muted colors.  

Today, the world has evolved and there are hundreds of companies springing up all over the place with beautiful handmade, organic, and fair trade items.  I absolutely love this new floral print, which is a reclaimed fabric from Kindom.  This puff sleeved top was perfect with my thrifted bellbottoms, fair trade booties and handmade jewelry for a day of work and a quick exploration.  

I've kind of loved looking back at these photos, as the scenery around me is all brown and grey, but the floral print has helped to remind me that in just a few short months, it will be a field of green!   


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the top is made of reclaimed fabrics
: the sweater was a hand-me-down
: the jeans were thrifted
: the earrings are fair trade and handmade
: the booties are fair trade and handmade







Post Comment
Post a Comment