: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Handmade jewelry happy dance...

Monday, June 10, 2019

You know how they say that every time you purchase something handmade, someone, somewhere does a little happy dance?  Well, Green Bees, it's true.  As a crafter myself, I can definitely attest to the the joy that comes from seeing someone decide to incorporate something that came from your hands/mind into their lives.  

Years and years ago, when I first moved to Germany and was getting the blog going, I discovered a fun little shop called Amy Waltz Designs on Etsy.  I sent them a message to see if they'd like to work with me and for real, half of a decade later, we're still partnering up! 

Amy was super sweet and sent me a few new pieces to spice up my summer wardrobe, though I am 100% positive that these new bits and bobs will be making appearances all year round.  She sent me her mint dipped speer earrings (so fun and they manage to be simple, but incredibly interesting at the same time), one of her mala bracelets (hello, new go-to), and her orbit ring, which in the week or so that I've had it has been worn 5 times.  

I love that everything Amy creates is all handmade and has a ton of detail without being incredibly overwhelming.  Over the years, her style has totally evolved so that it can easily work into all sorts of different looks without overpowering the rest of the outfit, but while still being focal points.  These gems were perfect for a casual day of running errands in Denver, but I've already worked everything into several new outfits!  Keep your eyes peeled for them and be sure to check out Amy's site for her whole range! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the jewelry is all handmade
: the tee is sustainably made in the US
: the sunglasses are made of sustainable wood








Post Comment
Post a Comment