: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday and creating balance in life...

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Ok, I'll level with y'all a bit here.  In the summer (hooray #teacherlife), it's insanely easy for me to spend multiple days at home in the AC crafting and reading in PJs.  When the weather gets much above 85, I really struggle to leave the house and exist in a public space.  That means that I tend to slack on putting much effort into creating fun outfits, because why should I?  It's summer time and if I want to be sweaty and gross in my own private space, that's my prerogative... yeah? 

Well, Green Bees, I've also been working hard on trying to maintain balance in my life.  It's kind of the number one thing I've learned to try to achieve and since making it my goal, life has definitely improved.  

I've only briefly written here about how crazy things have been with SunStars this year, but we have been living in two different homes all year, which has made the whole being pregnant thing slightly awkward, but we've made it work.  Instead of spending the summer freaking out about all of the big life changes ahead of us, we took a 2-week road trip across the country and then moved all of my worldly possessions into the 2-bedroom condo that he bought last spring (and that we've spend the year trying to flip).  

To create balance between the craziness of moving and continuing to enjoy summer, I've planned small outings for each day of the moving process.  These outings have helped to pull me out of my "stay at home in PJs" phase and created just the balance that we needed.  

On this day, my sustainable wardrobe just kind of worked.  I had planned for us to go in to town to get BOGO drinks at Starbucks (fika, if you will) and since it was still about 95 degrees, I wanted to be comfortable.  This new organic cotton Tyler dress from Synergy Organic was absolutely perfect!  It's lightweight, but will also be perfect with leggings, boots, and a sweater in the fall.  It's nice and flows, so it'll also expand as my belly grows.  I accessorized with some fun fair trade statement pieces and kind of felt like a super comfortable million bucks!  Scroll down to the bottom for more details on where to find all of the pieces in this look. 

... and then we found the sunflowers... oh, and town happened to be overrun by cool cars for the "Mopar Block Party."  SunStars and I were both in Heaven with out surroundings, our coffee, our snack, and our down time out of the condo and away from projects! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the earrings are fair trade and handmade
: the dress is fair trade and made of organic cotton
: the sandals are fair trade and handmade
: the bag is handmade in a woman's co-op
: the sunglasses are made of bamboo







Post Comment
Post a Comment