: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with Minimalist Skincare...

Sunday, February 23, 2020

If you set out to create a line of vegan, organic, preservative-free, eco-friendly products in re-usable/non-plastic containers, you might be crazy and you might be a genius... or perhaps you're both!  In any of the aforementioned cases, I was overjoyed to have been contacted by Minimalist Skincare and sent a number of their handmade products.  I truly wish that smell-o-graphs existed or that I'd made an unboxing video when I opened the package that everything came in, because WOW! Everything smelled amazing.  

I was lucky enough to test out the whole range, from whipped (seriously, truly whipped) body butters in three different scents to lip balm, to eco-friendly deodorant, to the rose facial line, I'm totally in love.  Oh, and don't get me started on the shower steamers, which arrived two days before I got slammed with the gnarly cold that's been going around.  They were a wonderful help for opening up my nasal passages and allowing me to breathe freely (and without the use of lots of chemical-y pills and such).  

Everything is made using organic ingredients.  There are absolutely no ingredients that are tested on animals or that come from animals, so they are also bee-free.  Even the packaging is eco-friendly!  The lip balms and deodorant come in cardboard tubes that are lined with a plant-based wax, the facial products are packaged in glass, and when they are empty, I'll wash them out and use them for baby food!  This stuff was even shipped using biodegradable cornstarch peanuts!  

If you know me in person, you'll know that I'm slightly addicted to hydration within my body and on my skin, so the lip balms (made with coffee essential oils!!!) and whipped body butters were my clear favorites, but as I've already said, the shower steamers arrived at the perfect time.  The facial care line was also much appreciated since after having Stellan, my skin kind of freaked out and I haven't wanted to use lots of chemicals to get it to it's new normal. 

Everything in this line is a truly wonderful self-indulgence and would also be great to give as a gift for someone who wants to live more sustainably!  Be sure to pop over to their online shop and check everything out! 








Post Comment
Post a Comment