: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Welcome to the Courtyard...

Monday, April 13, 2020

Would you believe me if I told you that a pair of fair trade earrings were what inspired me to get dressed, in trousers without a drawstring or elastic waistband, in at least 3 weeks? 

It's true.  Well... we had to take Stellan to his 4-month well-check appointment and since I was going to have the opportunity to briefly re-join society, even at a distance, I figured I may as well do it in an outfit that isn't pajamas.  Luckily, on the evening before my re-entry to civilization, some really awesome fringe earrings arrived for me from Courtyard Camel

As this quarantine has progressed, with no end in sight, I've found myself trying to explore the world from behind my computer screen in an attempt to find ways to help other people while still feeling like myself (especially after having a baby).  The camel is an animal that is used to transport goods to many distant lands and a courtyard is a great place to gather, so Courtyard Camel is actually kind of the perfect way to connect to the world from the comfort of home. The mother/daughter team behind this shop have carefully curated a selection of handmade and fair trade items from around the world.  All of these items come from brands, like World Finds, that work with co-ops that provide their artisans with education, health care, a safe place to work, and a fair living wage.  

These fringe hoop earrings from their collection made squeezing back into a pair of jeans much easier.  They are fair trade pieces, made in India by female artisans, that worked wonderfully with this spring outfit, but can easily transition into all seasons.  This makes them even more sustainable!  Courtyard Camel also has some beautiful home decor items, along with some great fair trade teas and soaps that would all make great gifts, or would be wonderful for making your home extra cozy as you ride out this quarantine! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the earrings are fair trade and handmade
: the shirt was thrifted
: the jeans were up-cycled
: the sandals are fair trade and handmade






Post Comment
Post a Comment