: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Some extra special care...

Monday, May 4, 2020

Here is something that I've come to realize as a human being: There is a lot going on in the world at any given time, which makes it difficult to slow down. 

Here is something that I've come to realize as a mother: Not only is there a lot going on in the great big world, there are zillions of little things going on at home all the time. 

Roll those two thoughts together because the world is experiencing a pandemic and it's easy to get swept away by worry, to do lists, and simply surviving each day.  Self-care is extra important these days, and while I've read all of the articles that remind us that self-care isn't just about sitting in a bathtub with a tureen of wine, there is something to be said for a slice of the day being set aside to nourish your skin.  

I mean, it is the largest organ in the body, so, it kind of deserves some extra special care, and when that care comes in the form of handmade, low waste, zero-toxin products, the degree of worry is definitely decreased. I think that my pals at Black Mountain Beauty must have been reading my mind, because opening up my mailbox to find their loofah soap (what a cool idea!), rose water, bath fizz, and clay mask kind of made my day. 

With these new goodies in hand, I was able to be deliberate about setting aside some time to give myself a mini spa experience and felt extra good about it because all of the products I was using were  low-impact, but helped me to feel refreshed and rejuvenated! 







Post Comment
Post a Comment