: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Finding the light...

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

I've been hesitant to post because as accounts have gone dark and have muted themselves, I have wanted to show solidarity and I've busy learning. While I have used some of this muted time to do quite a bit of reading, I in no way consider myself to be an expert on human rights or on how to fix all of the problems that the world is currently facing, though I have come to truly value the things that bring happiness. 

I do feel that it isn't possible to be happy all the time because if happiness was all that we experienced, we wouldn't value it as much, but I do know that in times of upset, anger, fear, and sadless, looking for the light is essential. 

I don't want to be silent and I don't want to create more anger, so I will borrow some words from a favorite book (yes, it's from Harry Potter), and say that "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."- Albus Dumbledore


What's sustainable about this outfit? 
: the headband was handmade
: the earrings are fair trade and handmade
: the bracelet is fair trade and handmade
: the jeans were up-cycled






Post Comment
Post a Comment