: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

D.C. in a nutshell...

Thursday, March 7, 2013


The wonderful thing about Washington D.C. is that just about everything is free and most things are located quite close together, so you can do tons and tons of things.  I got to see all of the major monuments (Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, FDR, etc.), the White House and other government buildings, tour multiple Smithsonians, visit the Holocaust Museum and meet an actual Holocaust survivor, visit Arlington National Cemetery, see the theatre where Lincoln was shot and the room in which he died, and of course, go to Georgetown Cupcakes.  Here are some snaps from the weekend! 















Follow on Blog Lovin'



4 comments on "D.C. in a nutshell..."
  1. Looks like a great trip! I'd love to visit there :)
    xoxo,
    alysalovely.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great place to drop in for just a few days.

      Delete
  2. What fantastic photo's. Thanks for sharing. I feel like I've just embarked on a mini trip! You look like you had a brilliant time.

    xx Mandi
    www.findmeamuse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I needed the mini trip! D.C. was great! Everything was free and I stayed with friends. I think I spent a total of $30 on food and transportation. Epic/inexpensive getaway!

      Delete