: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

I once wrote a limerick in Limerick…

Wednesday, January 21, 2015


Another day, another journey, amiright?  These snaps are from our very last day in Ireland.  We had another guided tour, this time, to the Cliffs of Moher.  This lovely and affordable tour first took us to a lovely little West coast fishing village before zooming past Dunguire Castle (ruins) and another quick stop at Corcomroe Abbey.  This abbey was super cool, as it had no roof and had a real ghostly feeling (which, I love… BOO!).  

We had another quick stop at a small cluster of cliffs (referred to by the locals as the "Little Cliffs" but historically known as "Black Head") where we got a feeling for climbing around somewhat above sea level.  Lunch was in another small town, called Doolin Village.  I'll note that this lunch stop was optional for our tour and had we packed a picnic, our driver would have taken us directly on to the Cliffs of Moher, but we found ourselves picnic-less and so we opted for the lunch at a really cute, cozy cafeteria.  

Next stop: Cliffs of Moher.  Wow.  They are 700 ft. above sea level and it was SUPER muddy!  Getting close to the edge was rather nerve-wracking at first, but on our climb back down, I found myself getting closer and closer to the edge.  There is a museum at the cliffs that I've heard is amazing, but we spent too long wandering around the cliffs to have time to check it out.  

On our drive back to Dublin (through Limerick), I wrote several rather wonderful limericks… none of which I can remember at the moment, as I was in a semi-comatose state from all the fresh air, but if I happen to remember them, I'll fill ya'll in later!  















Sweater ℅ Deb
Sunglasses ℅ Freyrs

Follow along with Blog Lovin! 

15 comments on "I once wrote a limerick in Limerick… "
  1. Cute outfit! Love all the pictures!

    Mel
    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to the cliffs of moher!! Such a magical place. Love your jeans xx

    The Persephone Complex / House Of Fraser Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it lovely? I was really thankful that we were there in the late afternoon so we could see the cliffs in so many different lights.

      Delete
  3. lovely pictures.. I love your outfit too.
    http://www.modefort.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I envy your photos! They're beautiful! I wish I could travel this year!

    xo
    Janine | Lime & Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! Ireland really has some of the most beautiful scenery!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. so many beautful photos!
    you look perfect:)

    www.kmeetsstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos! I'm so eager to visit Ireland! xxx
    www.justemma.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always take such beautiful pictures! Really enjoy following your rather stylish travel posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww, thank you! I'm really trying to evolve into a true style/travel blog!

      Delete