: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Boho grunge...

Monday, July 25, 2016


Every time I move, I go through a period a rapid downsizing.  I think it makes sense to do a big purge before a long-distance move so that, simply put, there is less to move.  I am right in the midst of such a purge and I think that because my closet is shrinking, I'm coming up with all sorts of new ways to mix and match things.  

As I've said before, I'm totally obsessed with embroidery and boho clothing, but because I'll be going back to work in the school system (and not wearing crop tops and leggings to teach dance classes all day), I have to curb back my hippie outfits and make them school appropriate.  Enter this embroidered tunic from Zaful.  I love the colours, I love the drape, I love the way it fits and since this morning I ended up on a 90s music binge, I was able to work the tunic into what I'm going to call a boho grunge look.  The lines and silhouette of this tunic with the choker statement necklace totally lend themselves to the grunge look and yet, I could still totally picture myself wearing this exact outfit to Coachella and getting away with it. 

On the flip side, this top with cuffed jeans, a long necklace and booties will be fabulous for Casual Friday at work! No matter how it's worn, this tunic is all that! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 
: the bracelets were handmade
: the ring was handmade






1 comment on "Boho grunge... "
  1. Cool outfit! Have a nice day) www.elationofcreation.com

    ReplyDelete