: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Jungle-osity...

Tuesday, August 2, 2016


I'm going to go ahead and dedicate this post, right off the bat, to anyone who loves to travel, but has gotten stuck in one place and ended up feeling itchy feet.  

I know y'all got my back.  

When I returned to the states from Germany at the end of January, I had these really grand plans of continuing along the vein I'd been following in Europe and country hopping each long weekend, but state hopping instead.  

It just didn't happen.  Yes, I was lucky and got to visit my dad in California over spring break, but that was about the extent of my travels of the last 6 months.  Now that I'm getting ready to move across the country in a few days (!!!), those itchy feet have come back.  Not literally.  That would be gross.  I just want to pack up and go, but I can't leave quite yet, and so I've been busy trying to find epic places to investigate.  

Today's journey took me along my usual route to get to babysitting, BUT, I had my eyes open and noticed that a Mexican restaurant that I used to love visiting as a child (the decor was a super quirky jumble of Christmas lights, ponchos, fountains, fake plants) was closed down.  Since I love checking out abandoned places, I decided to pull over and get a few snaps and I'm glad that I did.  

This wasn't really a big huge adventure, by any means, but it took me just a few minutes out of my normal path and I liked that the building was being overtaken by vines.  This spot had just enough colour, nostalgia, and jungle-osity (yes, that's a word now) to perk up my day and help satisfy some of my wanderlust! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 
: hard to tell, but the cami under my tunic was a hand-me-down
: many of the bracelets were handmade
: one of the bracelets is fair trade and was made from old saris
: the rings were handmade
: the necklace was handmade






Post Comment
Post a Comment