: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Red Rocks Canyon...

Thursday, August 25, 2016


Friends, I tell ya... travel seriously is the thing that keeps me keeping on.  Even when I don't have to go very far... if it's new, it's an exploration and I love it!  Because I am super new to the Vegas area, everything is an adventure right now.  Last weekend, SB and I decided to get out for a few hours and drove out to Red Rocks Canyon.  

It. Was. Gorgeous.  

Now, I've yet to see the Grand Canyon and have spent the majority of my life in the Midwest, so pretty much all mountain ranges totally stop me in my tracks.  This trip had me thinking back to exploring mountains in Germany, Lichtenstein, and Spain, but these rocks were red!  How cool is that?  

We made a quick stop in the information center (the gift shop is 'da bomb!) and then set out along the 13 mile drive that makes up this national park.  There are tons of places to pull off of the one-way road to take photos or start trail hikes.  It was over 100 degreed Fahrenheit, so we did just a little bit of pointing and shooting, but are planning to return in a few months when it's a bit cooler to hike and picnic!  

After our 13-mile drive, we saw signs for Bonnie Springs Ranch, which I recently discovered seems to be haunted, and since I was driving, I took us on a quick detour.  We didn't have any cash, so we didn't actually get into Old Nevada to see any of the haunted locations, but it was a super quirky little side trip that I may end up making again if I should happen to make friends with someone else who is hooked on haunted stuff!  

















2 comments on "Red Rocks Canyon... "
  1. Looks like you're having an amazing time! I know what you mean about red rocks. I've lived in cities my whole life so when I went on a trip to Nevada and then Arizona within the same month I was so shocked that...well..rocks (?) can be so stunning! You should definitely try to visit the Grand Canyon if you like that kind of thing, it's amazing! x

    |Georgia Megan|

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos!
    Xoxo, Victoria

    http://fashionstylebeautyandmore.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete