: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Scarfology...

Monday, November 14, 2016


Ahhh, the fall... the time of year when one changes their wardrobe from the thin straps and sundresses of summer for boots, slouchy hats, and scarves... in most of the world.

But here, in the desert, the weather doesn't seem to want to change.  Fall is my favourite.  I love the chill in the air.  I love the changing leaves.  I love the sudden increase in the consumption of hot chocolate and the frequency of bonfires.  And one of the things I love the most is the wardrobe swap. 

... and because it's still about 70 degrees on a daily basis, I am having serious withdrawals, in addition to a major wardrobe crisis. 

Trying to figure out what to wear so that I feel like it's fall while not totally overheating myself has been a bit of a challenge.  Because I love scarves so much, I've had to get a bit creative.  I was in a hot hurry to get to work and slung this scarf over one shoulder while rushing around trying to make/eat breakfast and get packed up to go, when I realized that I kind of liked the worldly feel the one-shouldered scarf gave me.  I had about 30 people ask me if I was either going to India, feeling Buddhist, or overdosing on yoga while wearing my scarf this way, but you know what?  

I kind of liked it... and now I'm on a quest to continue developing new ways to wear scarves until the weather actually changes and I can really start wearing fall outfits! I'm going to call it my study of "Scarfology." 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 
: the top is second-hand
: the earrings are handmade
: the bracelet is fair trade and handmade from recycled paper beads







2 comments on "Scarfology... "
  1. I also love scarves, I have dozens of them, different sizes, shapes and colors, and the bigger ones I like to wear unconventionally, like tops or boleros. I like your one shoulder idea, I'll try it too. :)

    Have a great weekend!
    Xoxo, Victoria

    http://fashionstylebeautyandmore.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete