: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

A Monday...

Monday, December 5, 2016


Did anyone else have a Monday?  You know what I mean... yes, we all just had a Monday, but I'm talking about one of those Mondays where every 30 minutes, you find yourself staring at the clock to see if it's time to go home yet because the things the day has thrown at you just can't be real and all you want to do is crawl back into bed and hide under the covers for a century or two. 

That's one of the days that I had, and I totally and completely think it justifies the aforementioned 74-word sentence.  

In teaching special education, the one thing that I've been trying to train myself to do is to expect the unexpected.  I was really good at it until recently.  My class got into a rather fabulous routine that made going to work more of a treat than a job.  That's where I went wrong. 

I lulled myself into a false sense of security.  Perhaps it's because winter break is right around the corner.  Perhaps it was because each of my students seems to be picking up the next bug to ripple through the school, but today was a train wreck.  Yes, it could have been SO much worse, but my false sense of security saw me walk into school this morning with my head held high, ready for another wonderful day of learning and then knocked me back down a few pegs.  

Have you ever been in a room full of kids and had one get upset and then it dominoes so that everyone is upset?  It takes 30 minutes to get everyone calm, but just as soon as things have settled down, someone else goes off again?  

That was my Monday.  At least I had another fabulous fair trade outfit to show off.  I think that feeling like Fair Trade Teacher Barbie all day was the one thing that kept me going! 

How was your day?



What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the skirt is fair trade
: the necklace is handmade
: the earrings are fair trade and handmade
: the sweater is a hand-me-down
: the ring is fair trade and hand made






1 comment on "A Monday... "