: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday for Christmas...

Sunday, December 25, 2016


Happy Christmukkuh, tout le monde!  Last night was Christmas Eve and truth be told, I was feeling a bit melancholy.  

Crazy, with a warm house, a cozy fire, a full belly and a room full of family to feel sad, but I did.  

Let me give you some back story: 
I usually don't watch/listen to/read the news.  If I have any clue about what's going on in the world, it's because I picked it up on Facebook.  The news just makes me sad or I find that I spend too much time trying to decide if I think it's true or if it's been distorted and so I tend to abstain.  I don't even have cable at home, so I can't even turn the TV on to watch the news.  

But now that I'm at home, there's always at least one TV on and set to the news.  

And this is why I was feeling a bit melancholy last night.  I was thinking about all the people out there in the world who didn't have all of the things that I do have.  I was trying to come up with somewhere to bring our extra dinner food.  I was trying to think of a way that I could share all of what I have with someone who doesn't have much of anything at all.  

I'm still brainstorming on that, but I do see a New Year's resolution in the works.  Until I can come up with some good volunteer opportunities back in Vegas, I shall continue to make conscious choices with all that I acquire! 

On a happy note, this handmade huipil from Mexico is the perfect Christmas top, and I can feel proud  knowing that I got to wear some handmade art! 



What's sustainable about this outfit 
: the top (huipil) is handmade
: the bracelet is handmade and fair trade
: the rings are handmade
: the earrings are vintage





2 comments on "#SustainableSunday for Christmas... "