: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

These boots were made for walking...

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

My journey into the world of sustainable fashion started in a very simple place: my mum's closet.  While I know that I'm crazy lucky to be nearly the same size as my mum (and to have a mum with awesome taste and a love of cleaning her closet), it was a great way for me to see just how simple it is to give one person's cast offs a new life.  

Now that I've moved to Colorado, I've been given another wonderful opportunity: access to my step-sister's closet!  And yes... we just so happen to wear the same sized shoe.  

This, my dear Green Bees, is how I came to own my very own pair of Frye boots.  I kid you not, I've been lusting over Frye cowboy boots since "Dukes of Hazard" with Jessica Simpson was released in 2005.  At the time, I was working at a Charlotte Russe and picked up a pair of knockoffs that fell apart several times (and I then glued back together several times until they really and truly had no life left in them).  Last weekend, we did a little clothing swap and I couldn't be more pleased with my new kicks.  

Not only would I never have been able to afford a new pair of my own, I feel much better about the fact that they have been given a new life with me... just in time for fall.  Stay tuned for more outfits!  


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the earrings are handmade from ethically-harvested butterfly wings
: the necklace is fair trade and handmade from up-cycled bullet casings
: the rings are all handmade and/or fair trade
: the bracelets are all handmade and/or fair trade
: the dress is from a small business
: the leggings were hand-me-downs
: the boots were hand-me-downs






Post Comment
Post a Comment