: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

A new beginning...

Monday, September 3, 2018

My dearest Green Bees, I hope that you are all having a very restful Labor Day (because who doesn't love a good oxymoron?).  I have unfortunately come down with a little bug and have designated the couch as my official hideout for the day, but it's actually been kind of wonderful.  

As I veg out with some coffee and "Casablanca" I've had some time to reflect upon my new reality.    This time two months ago, life looked quite different.  Yes, I was in the desert and was sweltering through 115 degree temps, but I was alone.  Even though I knew I was moving, I was still hanging my hopes on a relationship that I think my logical mind knew wasn't (after 7 years, several continents, and a few states) going to work.  I was terrified.  I was aching.  I needed a hug.  

It is safe to say that things have turned around.  A new location has brought about another new beginning.  While I'm not quite ready to share all of the details with the world, I'm hoping that those of you who read these words and look at these photos will get a sense of the deep shift that has started in my heart and soul.  

I have realized that for the last few years, the only things that have really kept me going were blind hope that some relatively undefined wishes and hopes that I had for love in my life would come true.  Wanting to explore when I could helped, as did spending as much time in nature as possible.  I've also found that connecting with all of you faithful readers has helped me to push through some very dark days.  That being said, I truly hope that in the days, weeks, and months to come, I can repay the favor now that I'm back on track and am feeling more like the person that I want to be.  

I have been busy exploring new and different ways to preserve the earth and help all of the magic skeletons (sorry... if you follow us on social media, you'll know that I can't stop using this phrase) on the planet feel just a bit more hopeful each day.  I have connected with quite a few like-minded individuals and am looking forward to sharing their ideas with you in the hopes that we can work together to start more world-changing conversations and get some real action going.  If there is anything you would like to see a bit more of here, please do not hesitate to reach out.  I've been filled with such a great degree of love lately and I want to channel it so that it reaches as far as it possibly can.  

For now, I'd like to encourage anyone reading this to hug someone, to go outside, and to do something that makes you feel fabulous.  As I was out taking these photos, in this fabulous new top by Shade Amour, I was periodically receiving text messages that inspired real and true smiles, which is completely appropriate when considering the brand I'm featuring today.  Shade is a form of protection and "amour" is the French word for love.  This top is perfectly romantic and was made in India using eco-friendly textiles.  

Sometimes, things just work... 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the top is handmade from sustainable/eco-friendly materials
: the earrings are fair trade and handmade from re-purposed bullet casings
: the ring is sustainably handmade
: the bracelets are handmade






Post Comment
Post a Comment