: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with Sudara...

Sunday, November 18, 2018

I do believe that I've written in the past that the Universe works in the most mysterious of ways.  I've been incredibly lucky to find that if a need for something arises, it is rather quickly met.  This is the case again today.  Yesterday, this gorgeous pair of Punjammies from Sudara made their way into my mailbox and today I awoke feeling rather wretched.  However, simply putting these beautiful jammie pants on did wonders for my mood.  

Allow me to explain a bit further: Every pair of Punjammies are handmade and fair trade and that's always something that I feel good about. This particular pair of Punjammies is a bit of a departure from the usual though: this style was digntally-dyed using eco-friendly techniques that significantly reduce the quantity of water that is required in traditional printing methods.  

As aforementioned, everything created by Sudara is handmade and fair trade by women who have escaped from sex-slavery or other forms of human trafficking.  Since 2006, Sudara has gone through a number of changes to help them more efficiently and effectively help women live better lives.  As I write this today, they have made partnerships with a number of sewing centers that all provide safe working conditions and provide a fair living wage.  Many of the women who started with these partnerships have now graduated to form their own businesses.  While Sudara is incredibly open in stating that more work is necessary, starting to switch their printing method to one that is more ecologically sustainable is a wonderful step in a positive direction and I couldn't be more proud to have been asked to help share their mission with the world! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the sweater was thrifted
: the trousers are fair trade and handmade from eco-friendly materials
: the boots are thrifted
: the rings are handmade
: the beanie was handmade






Beanie handmade by me

Post Comment
Post a Comment