: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with People of Leisure...

Sunday, January 27, 2019

In the last decade, I've made my home in the Chicago suburbs, in a village in Germany, in the desert of Las Vegas, and near the mountains between Denver and Boulder, but I think that it is safe to say that I feel the most at home when I'm on the left coast and as close to the ocean as possible.  I feel right at home when I can hear the waves.  I also feel right at home when I'm wearing clothing that I know has placed the most minimal impact upon the planet as possible, which is why I absolutely love this new tee from People of Leisure

People of Leisure is an LA based brand that is all about creating social change.  Their mission is to create waves (see what I did there?) by simply helping people choose stylish garments that are made in planet-friendly ways.  All of their garments are made from hand-dyed cotton and bamboo.  These materials are ethically-sourced and are manufactured to be of the highest possible quality.  Each piece is garment-dyed, meaning that the fabric is only dyed after the garment has been made.  This makes the dye more color-fast, so it will last longer.  Additionally, every garment that leaves the People of Leisure factory has been pre-washed to prevent shrinkage once it reaches the customer.  This also helps to prolong the life of the garment, which makes it even more planet-friendly! 

... and they don't only produce super chic and eco-friendly clothing, they also donate 10% of the proceeds of their online sales to Kurandza, a non-profit organization that helps to empower women in Mozambique.  They teach women to become village leaders and to share their knowledge and skills with the people with whom they live, leading to ripples of positive change in these communities.  


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the tee was made ethically in LA
: the jeans were thrifted
: the boots are handmade and fair trade
: the bracelets are all handmade and fair trade
: the ring is handmade
: the necklace is handmade
: the bag is handmade from sustainably sourced materials






Post Comment
Post a Comment