: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with Seed & Soil...

Sunday, March 10, 2019

You know how they say that when you buy something handmade, the maker of said item does a happy dance?  

Well, these handmade fern earrings from Seed & Soil make me do a happy dance and all I'm doing is wearing them! As a nature lover who works about 60 hours a week, it's often difficult to find the time (at least during daylight hours) to get outside to be with nature AND my classroom doesn't have windows, so I'm constantly searching for ways to bring nature back into my life. 

Since my classroom is windowless, I cannot bring live plants into the room, so I'm often looking for new methods of incorporating nature into my day-to-day routine.  When I found Seed & Soil on Instagram, I knew that it was a match made in Heaven!  This small business takes different plants and seeds and preserves them into meaningful motivational jewelry.  When I saw these cathedral fern earrings, I knew that they were totally for me.  

I seriously miss wandering amongst the ferns in the forest in Germany and when I was told that the fern symbolizes sincerity, I thought that they would be an ideal addition to my wardrobe.  I wore them for a day of errands in Boulder and lost track of the number of compliments I received on them. I have a feeling that when I wear the earrings to school, my students will also find them to be something of a conversation piece (and I'm hoping that it will inspire them to explore and create some good in their world). 

All of the jewelry from Seed & Soil is made with real plant matter, brass, and 24k gold-plated brass, or is silver-plated.  Each piece is tarnish-resistant and can be easily cared for by keeping them out of water or direct sunlight for too long! 

What do you think?  Hop over to the Seed & Soil webpage and comment back here with your favorite pieces! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the earrings are sustainably handmade
: the sweater was thrifted
: the necklace is handmade
: the bracelets are handmade
: the boots are fair trade and handmade






Post Comment
Post a Comment