: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

No Single-Use Plastic Challenge...

Monday, April 15, 2019

My dear Green Bees, I have a challenge for you!  

My challenge is for you to pick one day (yep, just one) to not use a single piece of single-use plastic.  I'm going to be totally honest with you and say that due to the way that our world is currently configured, it is much more easily said than done.  Every day since this adorable (fair trade/handmade) GlobalWAKEcup bag arrived, I have pledged myself to the cause and have failed.  On my first attempt, I found myself taking salad out of a single-use bag.  On my second attempt, SunStars bought me some soup for lunch that came in a single-use container.  

I've continually been shocked to find that even though I've spent ears committing myself to living as waste-free as possible, I still haven't made it through a single day without using any single-use plastic... but it's ok... I am going to take another stab at it tomorrow.  My previous failures have been a real learning experience and have alerted me to new places from which I can eliminate plastic. 

If you want to jump onto this bandwagon (and honestly, why wouldn't you?), you can!  GlobalWAKEcup launched an international campaign on 11-March-2019, but even though that date has passed, you can still have a go at it!  Just choose any day you like and give it a go.  You can officially sign up for the challenge (and receive artwork to share and help get others on board) HERE and can detail your Challenge day by tagging @GlobalWAKEcup on social media and using #1dayplasticfree.  You can also pick up one of their 1 Day Challenge bags HERE.  Their bags are fair trade, organic cotton, and £2 from each bag purchase will be donated to the Marine Conservation Society to help protect seas, shores, and aquatic wildlife! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the sunglasses are made of sustainable bamboo
: the tank is made of organic cotton in a fair trade setting
: the harem pants donate to elephant rescue efforts
: the necklace and bracelets are handmade
: the shoes are fair trade and handmade
: the bag is fair trade, organic cotton, and donates proceeds to environmental causes







Post Comment
Post a Comment