: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

What do standardized testing and PJs have in common?...

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Any chance I get to wear PJ-like clothing to work, I will definitely take, but if it allows me to help rescue elephants, I can easily get even more on board!  

As a special education teacher, I get to do something really insanely fun every spring: proctor standardized tests.  

Yes, it truly is just as fun as it sounds. 

Pick up on my sarcasm yet?  

The process involves re-arranging my classroom, turning the lights on (I don't like to use the overhead fluorescent lighting), and spending about 5 hours a day standing in a silent room monitoring students to ensure that their technology works, that they're staying awake, and that they aren't cheating.  While this doesn't sound like much, it's totally exhausting, so on the third day of testing, I figured I'd dress in a way that would do a better job of preparing me for the day.  

I slid into these new elephant print trousers from One Tribe Apparel, threw on a comfy tank, and grabbed my go-to thrifted cocoon sweater. 

It was literally the best choice I could have made.  I was comfy all day and had enough freedom of movement that when all of the students testing in my room were working and facing the walls (desks are set up in a horseshoe shape to make monitoring easier), I was able to stand in the middle of them and get my squats in without anyone noticing! #teacherlife



What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the tank was thrifted
: the earrings are fair trade and handmade
: the necklace is fair trade and handmade
: the bracelets are handmade
: the pants support elephant rescue efforts







Post Comment
Post a Comment